We are so happy to welcome many of our students back into the college. It has been a tough time for everyone and nearly every aspect of ‘normal life’ has been affected by this disease.
COVID-19 has forced people to re-imagine a different way of learning, while it presents its challenges it has also presented a massive opportunity to break old habits and create a new mode of learning, taking advantage of the technology that is available to us.
Here are the steps that we are taking at the college in order to protect our students and staff:
- Where possible, staff and learners must be separated by a minimum of 1m at all times, if possible 2m.
- A face covering should be worn to prevent spreading the virus to others.
- Regular hand washing or sanitising is recommended on entering the premises and leaving the site, before eating, after eating, and after using the toilet.
- Regular use of hand sanitiser, as well as washing hands, is advised throughout the day.
- Break times must be staggered to avoid groups of learners to form in welfare areas.
- Avoid pinch points on-site where groups of learners may gather within 2m of each other.
- Staff and learners must follow on-site signage at all times (i.e one-way walkways, up/down stairs etc.) Learners must complete SDT’s Virtual Induction, which will give a further explanation of any updated measures.
- Learners must not congregate in any areas.
- It is advised that learners must bring their own food to eat and refillable drinks bottles. No sharing is permitted.
- It is advised that Staff and learners should not leave their allocated bubble during working hours to prevent any further contamination.
- If you or someone in your household is showing symptoms of the coronavirus, you must not come in and you must isolate as per Government guidelines.
- If any learner or staff member falls ill on site they must return home immediately and adhere to track & trace guidelines.
- Avoid all non-essential visitors to site.
The safety of our students is our main priority, we understand that many students at this time will be feeling anxious about returning to college and we hope that each student will feel secure with our COVID 19 Steps to keep you safe.
If you are interested in any of our courses please contact us