What are Industry Placements?
SDT have introduced industry placements which will enable young people to gain the skills that they need to move into employment. You will be matched with a placement in the occupational area you want to work in.
A quality industry placement will arm you with the technical skills you will need to give yourself the best possible chance for entering into skilled employment.
How can an Industry Placement help?
There are lots of benefits in doing an Industry Placement:
– Students will improve their ability to gain a job.
– Likely to result in further opportunities like paid employment and apprenticeships.
– Develop employability “soft skills” such as communicating, adapting to change, teamwork and problem solving.
– Experience personal growth and step outside their comfort zone. Develop self-reliance, build confidence and learn about themselves. Lastly they will be able to identify their strengths and preferences for future career options.
– Students will develop their knowledge and skills relevant to their course and future career.
– Will have greater understanding of what it is like to work in their chosen industry.
– Receive coaching and mentoring from a line manager.
– Focused on developing the practical and technical skills required for the profession/trade that the student is studying for.
Placements will last a minimum of 45 days. Doing an Industry Placement is likely to result in further opportunities like paid employment and apprenticeships.